Friday, October 17, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
I wanted to let you know of a little race the designers here at Designs In Digital are having for the month of October, and everyone wins!! We divided everyone up into 2 teams, and each team created a kit for breast cancer awareness. Starting Wednesday, both kits will be available in the store. $5 for one or both for $8. (and to let you in on a little secret, if you purchase both kits, there may be a little surprise!!) The best part of this whole thing, is 100% of the proceeds will go to the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. So we all win!!
I am part of the Cancer Commandos team! And I can tell you, our kit rocks!! The other team is Racing for Pinks. Here are copies of our teaser ads.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
And since it is late, and I need to get to bed so I can get up for work in the morning... here is the freebie, you can download it here: Falling For You Quick Pages
Have a wonderful Wednesday!!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Sunday, August 3, 2008
and here is the link to download the kit for free!! Falling For You Hope you have a great Monday, and check back later this week. I just may have another set of overlays for you to drive more traffic to download my kit!
**** updated, Please be patient! The store has crashed, as has a couple of other scrapbooking sites... if you can't get in now, please bookmark this (or even better, add me to your blog reader so you won't miss any of my freebies) and try again later!! They are working on the problem!!****
Saturday, August 2, 2008
These are the rules:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog enjoy!Have fun!!!
Now on to me, this isn't going to be easy... I guess part of the reason is that I feel I lead a pretty normal boring life... and who wants to hear about that, lol... but anways, here it goes...
1. I love to sew. I love to make all the kids Halloween costumes from scratch, and have even made renaissance fair costumes for my husband and I. (he is in a kilt, I should dig out the picture and post it. he wouldn't mind, really!). It all started back in middle school in home economics. We learned to sew a pillow, and I have been at it ever since. My latest project is a costume for my husband. It is M.A.S.H.'s Max Klingers version of Cleopatra. He belongs to this club, and their October club meeting, all the men have to dress in drag. So he figured he wanted to go the Maxwell Klinger way.
2. I actually like the new country music. but Shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone. I don't like the old, twangy country, but the stuff they are making now I really like. I still won't go out of my way to listen to it, as I am a classic rock girl at heart. But my MIL & SIL are big country music fans, so I'm around it quite often. We have actually been to 7 Keith Urban concerts. My MIL is a hugh fan, and brings my SIL & I along for the fun. We have been to Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, and even Georgia following him. The most was 3 concerts in one weekend. We did the Jacksonville - Friday night, Miami - Saturday night, and Tampa - Sunday night circle last December.
3. Another passion I have is for writing. I am surprised I haven't gotten more into it on my blog. (but just wait, after this, I might...) In high school, when we would pass notes between classes, me and a couple of my friends wouldn't just write a paragraph or two about what are we going to do after school or the weekend. We would write and write, 8-9-even 10 pages of anything and everything! and this was a daily thing. I have even been published. It is no big deal, really... It was short story in a book of other short stories. It was back when the beanie babies were all the rage. It was a story about my oldest son, who has always struggled in school. He worked especially hard to win a prize, it was the Princess Diana Bear. It really motivated him to work harder. I'll guess he was about 11 at the time.
4. Speaking of my oldest son, we are both blessed to be alive. We were in a car accident when he was a baby that could have / should have killed us both. We were hit by another car, and my car was sent under a Semi Trailer, which took the roof off my car, and we were pinned under the trailer. But because of miracles, my son who was 6 months old didn't have a scratch, and I came out of it with relatively minor injuries. I broke my cheek bone, and jaw bone, and had 137 stitches on my face and neck. Other than that, nothing, not a scratch from my neck down. I had a wonderful plastic surgeon who stitched me back up, and to look at me now, you almost can't see any scars. I know they are there, but most people don't see them until I point them out. On the way to the hospital, the paramedic in the ambulance with me told me they didn't expect to find anyone alive, that is why they didn't call Bayflight, which was the helicopter emergency transport.
5. I am a control freak, and a perfectionist... not really a good combination. I have a very hard time deligating, and not re-doing the work other people do for me. I have a terrible time just asking for someone's help with anything... It's a struggle, but I am trying!! I have learned I can't do everything, and everything doesn't have to be perfect!! especially if you want it done at all.
6. I had bad post partum depression after the birth of my last child. My husband and I had two older sons, DH's has one brother who has a son, his father had three brothers (can you see a trend here...) The family has all boys. So, when I was pregnant, and was told i was having a girl, I was thrilled. MIL and I went a little crazy with the pink/girly stuff. I had everything ready to bring home a daughter. Even had a girls name picked out. Hubby and I could never agree on a boys name, but we were having a girl, so it didn't matter. (or so we thought) But to my surprise, after the birth my husband said it was a boy. Of course I didn't believe him at first because he is always teasing me... but then the Doctor confirmed it when he said "Congratulations on your new SON" The next day, they were getting ready to discharge us, and we still didn't have a boys name. My husbands family can trace their family back to William Bradford from the Mayflower and who was the governor of Plymouth, MA. His mother suggested that. So we turned it around to Bradford William... (who is now the light of my life!) But for the first few days home from the hospital, I would sit and stare at him, and cry... I couldn't remember his name and thought what a horrible person I was that I couldn't remember my infant son's name. It seemed like forever before I would remember, but really was only a couple of minutes. But for months, I felt like I was mourning the daughter I didn't have, will never have... and please don't get me wrong, my three son's are my world, and I wouldn't change a thing, but somewhere in the back of my mind, I always wonder... what if...
7. I am terrified of riding an escalator going down. I can get on them going up, no problem. But going down, I stand there, staring at them, and break into a cold sweat. In the last 20 years, I have rode them going down only ONCE. That was in DC, when that was the only way to get to the train to take us out of DC back to our car. I had no choice, and I was so upset. My family just laughs at my little quirk. I go out of my way to find the stairs or an elevator to go down. The funny thing is I don't know why. Nothing bad has ever happened to me on one, and as a child I had no problems with them, so it is kind of irrational. But luckily there isn't many escalators around here, so it hasn't become a problem in my life.
Whew... ok, that is done. Don't know if you really wanted to hear all that, but here it is. Posted on the internet for everyone to read... lol... but it was kind of fun. I can't wait to go back and read all the other ones that Rho had tagged. Have a great Saturday, and I'll be back soon!!
Here is who I have tagged...
1. Muma - Muma's Delight
2. Lyndie - Gone Scrappin' Designs
3. Melissa - Mel's Place
4. Ramona - Brownie Scraps
5. Erica - Heavenly Anomalies
I'm just going to post this while I am working on the last couple tags...
Thursday, July 31, 2008
You can download it here: It's A Guy Thing. I really appreciate all your support!
Now on to the freebie, here is a preview of the overlays. There are two grungy ones and two patterned ones. You can mix and match them, adjust the blending modes, and come up with a variety of different looks. Have fun with them! Just don't claim them as your own and resell them as they are. If you make something fun with them, I'd love to see it!
You can download it here: Commercial Use Overlays - Freebie Pack 1. If you like them, just let me know, and I'll be sure to make more!
Have a Wonderful Friday!! and I'll talk to you soon!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
There is a new contest at DesignsInDigital.com, and I am so excited about it! It is going to be a scrapping contest with lots of prizes and maybe even a few store CT positions being offered. I made a kit for the all fun, and I really wish I could show you, but it is a surprise. Sign ups are taking place right now. There are going to be 16 kits you get to work with, and 16 different challenges. Here is the advertisement… Hope to see you there!
Saturday, July 26, 2008
You can download it for free here: It's a Guy Thing. If you download it, leave me some love. I would love to see what you do with it. Here is layout I did with it:
And for a couple of days, you can still get my kit Natural Beauty for free at the same place. Again, every download is a vote for me! Here is the preview for that kit again:
and you can download the freebie here: Round 2 is over, and link has been removed. Look for a larger version available at my store soon!
Thank you for all your support! The better I do in this contest, the more freebies I will have up on this blog for you! Have a great weekend, and i will be seeing you during the week with more information on the big new contest, Scrap Factor, over at DigitalsInDesign.com. I really want to show you the preview of the kit I did for that contest, but part of the fun of the contest is that it is a mystery! Come check it out!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Come by here to download it for free: Week 2 is over, link removed. Watch for a larger version in my store soon! Hope you have a great day, and check back later this week for another freebie to go along with this one!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
I hope you like it. Round 1 is over, and the product has been taken out of the store so this link has been removed… please watch my store for an updated enlarged kit.. Every download is a vote in the contest! If you know anyone who you think will like it, please feel free to send them over there to download it also. I had a couple extra pieces, and also made a full alpha out of the same letters as the "RockStar" above. Here is the preview for that freebie:
Round 1 is over, and the product has been taken out of the store so this link has been removed… please watch my store for an updated enlarged kit..
Again, I would love it if you came over to DesignsInDigital.com, and downloaded my freebie in the store. The more downloads, the more votes for me!! There are 14 entries into the contest, so that means that there are an additional 13 freebies available. You can download them all, just make sure mine is first! (lol...)
Watch here, I am part of a large collaboration kit for ScrapProfessor.com for Christmas In July. You will not want to miss it! I will post a preview here when it is ready. Talk to you soon, and I hope you have a great Monday!!
Friday, June 20, 2008
But as our little secret... if you log into DigiScrapStation, and send me a PM, I will send you a coupon for an additional 10% off my store, which would make everything 50% off!! You can't beat that!
Now on to the freebie, it is some elements from my soon to be released "Over the Hill" birthday kit. Hope you enjoy!!
You can download it here: Over the Hill Medals & Ribbons Again, if you use it, just drop me a quick note and give me a link, I would love to see it!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
I know the prompt is about fathers, but I want to tell you a story about three generations of men. My father-in-law was recently in the hospital for surgery. He was supposed to be out in a couple of days, but there were complications. He would have had to be restrained from pulling out tubes and drains, and to keep from getting out of bed, when he shouldn’t. Well, his sons (my husband and his brother) and our two oldest sons (aged 19 & 21) took turns and stayed with him around the clock for two weeks straight to stay in the room with him to help the nurses, and to keep him from being restrained. This was not something the hospital required or even asked them to do. They just took time away from their jobs and their lives to help make their father (grandfather)’s recovery a little more bearable.
We have always had a close family, but to see the dedication and love come from these three generations was very touching. Even the nurses were impressed and thankful! And I am happy to report that after being in the hospital for a month, he has been home for about six weeks, and is almost back to his old self again!! Have a great Wednesday!! and I will talk to you again soon!
Monday, June 16, 2008
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
You can pick it up exclusively at http://www.digiscrapstation.com/. It is a very friendly little community that has just started, and we would love to have you stop by!!
Now on to my freebie, it is a desktop calendar for June and it is made with my new kit above. With June fast approaching, I wanted to get this up for you now. Hope you like it!! Here is a picture of it, it is in .png form so you can drop any pictures behind it, and then save as your background.
You can download it here. Let me know if you use it!! Hope you have a great week, and I will talk to you soon!!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
It is available to download for free here. Urban Attitude. All I ask is that you let me know what you think... Hope everything is going great for you, and I will try to keep up with this blog a little better than I have been!
Friday, May 16, 2008
But if you still want something for free, then pop on over to our new store www.digiscrapstation.com. Not only are most items 50% off, but they have some great freebies also. There is a chocolate chip mega kit, free just for signing up in the forums, and talking a little with us. Can’t wait to see you over there! Have a great Friday afternoon